If you are out there, trying to look for a coffee maker that would work best for you, you might want to read on to know more about the most popular kinds of coffee makers. This article would also be covering the pros and cons of these coffee makers to help you further. Coffee Brewer/Drip Coffee Maker – Automatic drip coffee makers like the grind and brew coffee makers have water reservoirs that heat the water. The heated water then goes through the ground coffee beans to get the flavor and then passes through the filter. The filtered water then drips down a heated pot where it is collected and continuously heated.
- It’s easy to use.
You would just need to put the ground coffee, make sure that the water reservoir is filled up and choose the setting you want.
- You can use it with any brand of coffee.
- It comes in different styles, designs, shapes, and sizes.
- It would save you some money since you would be getting fresh and flavorful coffee without paying too much, unlike the coffee from your favorite cafe.
- It takes up some space on the counter top.
- If you only need a cup, it would be a waste of good coffee to be making a potful.
Single Cup Coffee Maker
The single cup coffee maker or Keurig single-cup brewing system is becoming more and more popular these days. The machine has a reservoir of water, very similar to the automatic coffee maker. The water is heated and goes through a pod where the coffee ground, through the filter and to the cup.
- There are many available flavors.
You could serve coffee to your friends who have different preferences when it comes to coffee. o You could also make tea with it, as long as you choose the right pod.
- Since you only make a cup at a time, you won’t be wasting coffee if you only need a cup.
- It’s also easy to clean and use.
- It would help you save money since you won’t need to go to an expensive cafe to get your favorite cup.
- You would need to run it again and again if you need more than a cup, especially if you have a handful of guests.
- Some cups or pods are not compatible with specific single-cup makers.
This is a traditional way of making coffee. A desired amount of ground coffee would be put in the French press and hot water is added. It needs some stirring before the mesh filter is pressed down to separate the liquid from the grounds.
- It’s very affordable.
- There are not much complications in using the coffee maker. Making coffee is very simple.
- You don’t need electricity to be able to make a cup of coffee.
- You need to time it well to get the flavor you want.
- While pressing the filter, some of the grounds can escape and get mixed back to the liquid.
There are other kinds of coffee makers, but these three are the most commonly used. Have you made your choice yet?