Well, it is said that a journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step. Feet take on all the weight of the body. So if you fail to take care of your feet, you can have discomfort as you carry out your daily activities. Pain in our feet can bring about back pains in the future. You should keep yourself updated about foot cream and foot care information to ensure you can select the best.
Causes of foot pain
Foot pain may be brought about by a variety of factors such as:
- Contagious diseases induced by viruses and bacteria
- Athlete’s foot caused by a fungus
- An ingrown toenail that occurs when the tips of the nail grow through or into the skin
- Diseases such as gout
- Injury or trauma to the foot
- Wearing tight-fitting shoes or high heels for a long period can cause blisters and pain in the forefoot.
Ways to take care of your feet
- Wash your feet regularly. Keep your clean feet by washing them daily but avoid soaking them as this can destroy their natural oils
- Ensure that your feet are well dry. After washing your feet thoroughly, dry them in between the toes to avoid athlete’s foot.
- Moisturize your feet by rub a foot cream on your foot while massaging it. Make sure you massage your feet as this increases the blood circulation in the feet. This is necessary after daily activities and after enclosing your feet in tight shoes all day. One can do this as you file off thick calluses with a file or pumice stone.
- Keep your toenails short. Cut your nails regularly with a sanitized nail cutter.
Footwear tips for work
- Ensure that you wear appropriate shoes for your work environment. Avoid high heels if possible as they strain the foot’s anatomy.
- Try wearing the high heels only on suitable occasions. Keep in mind your shoes as you engage in activities such as mountain climbing or a walk in the beach
- Wear clean socks. Dirty socks cause stinky feet. Therefore avoid dirty socks as they can embarrass you with foot odor.
- Air your feet. After long day hustles, it’s wise to let your feet out of the shoes and let them breathe. You can choose to wear sandals or flip-flops to walk around.
The feet play a significant role in the body. Hence, it’s good to take care of them regularly. It’s not a normal thing to experience pain in our feet. It’s advisable to visit a health professional to take a look at your feet. Foot pain could be a symptom of a serious illness thus should not be ignored. So proper foot care tips should be exercised to avoid health complications in the future.
While it is important to maintain genera the health of the feet, using foot creams to moisturize and hydrate your feet could also help to avoid fungal infections. Choose the best foot cream that has the recommended ingredients. You can consult your doctor for the best foot cream.
Category: health care